Triforce crostata (Nutella in a lovely biscuitty casing.):
Ingredients (enough for 2 lots of dough):
- 250g butter
- 400g plain flour
- 200g sugar
- a tip of a teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 4 egg yolks
- As much Nutella (or other filling) as you like!
How to make:
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add the butter (straight from the fridge).
- Use an electric mixer on its lowest level until the butter turns into small granules (so it looks like one big bowl of flour)
NOTE: Alternatively, you can do the above steps by using a food processor.
- add sugar and mix briefly.
- Form a dent in the middle of the mixture (like a volcano) and add the vanilla essence + egg yolks.
- Knead it with your hands! Mix it well, and make one (or two) balls.
- Wrap each ball in clingfilm and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to let it set.
- Grease the tin(s) with butter.
- After 30 mins, preheat oven to 180C (160C if fan-assisted).
- Take out the dough and roll it. Make as thick/thin as preferred. (Watch out!: If it’s too thin it will break very easily in the process of transferring it in the tin!)
- Put dough in the tin.
- Pour in filling of your choice! :)
- Use extra dough to make a triforce/zigzag/pretty drawings on top of your crostata.
- Place in oven for ~30 mins. Until golden brown - not burnt!
- ENJOY IT! :D